Many will be aware that RES Ltd were proposing an onshore wind energy project known as Blackrig on land southwest of Langton Lees Farm west of Gavinton. The project has been the subject of various environmental studies and consultations within our area over a number of years, although no planning application had been submitted for the proposal. The Community Council has now been advised by Carolyn Wilson of RES Ltd that, as a result of changes within the onshore wind industry over the last few years, the landowner has decided he no longer wishes RES to progress the project. Consequently, the Scottish Borders Council’s planning department have been advised, the existing meteorological mast will be removed and RES Ltd will no longer be progressing with the Blackrig Wind Farm project.
- UPDATE : Superfast Broadband Voucher Scheme
- Consultation on Scottish Borders Council’s next budget and corporate plan
- Support Poppy Scotland – donate differently this year
- Consultation on Proposed Scottish Borders Local Development Plan
- Can you help in a survey on how older people have experienced Covid-19?